Saturday, November 29, 2008

Your Pregnancy Week by Week, 6th Edition


When you're pregnant, there is nothing more exciting than keeping up with the drastic changes your body undergoes on a weekly basis. In Your Pregnancy Week by Week, Glade B. Curtis, M.D. (Your Pregnancy Questions and Answers, Your Pregnancy After Thirty) has written a clear, easy to follow guidebook. Each "week" includes information on: How Big Is Your Baby?, How Big Are You?, How Your Baby Is Growing and Developing, Changes in You, How Your Actions Affect Your Baby's Development, You Should Also Know, and a Tip of the Week. With the exception of the You Should Also Know sections (which sometimes focus on rare problems and concerns), the tone of the book is informative, chatty and reassuring. An extensive, excellent glossary adds value. Your Pregnancy Week by Week seems intended to both simplify and expand on the information an inexperienced or first-time mother-to-be receives from her medical provider. It is especially ideal for very young pregnant women seeking to better understand the changes in their bodies. --Ericka Lutz --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.


This is my first pregnancy, so I had lots of questions. I went overboard on the books - I own 3. The other 2 are informative, and I am glad I had a chance to read them, but if a woman wants one book that will answer her pregnancy questions, "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" is the one I recommend. This book explains the stages of the pregnancy, both for the mom and baby, at a nice pace, weekly. I own "What to Expect When You Are Expecting", which goes month by month, but that seems too general because I want to know what is going on with my body and my baby now, not "sometime this month". "The Pregnancy Journal" goes day by day, which seems to be a bit much - nobody's pregnancy is going to follow the book exactly. With this book, I can read about what will be happening the following week and share the information with my husband, which makes him feel more involved. I love the fact that it explains how I am changing, how the baby is changing, and what I should be expecting (it's very reasuring when a book tells you that the crazy things you are doing and feeling are normal). I recommend this book over any of the others I have seen.

No comments:

Popular Posts